This recipe is especially recommended when, in addition to the side effects or selected symptoms, the texture of the food needs to be adapted due to mucositis, esophagitis or pain or difficulty swallowing.
Aubergine with tofu (texture modified diet)
Ingredients (serves 1)
80 g tofu
50 g mushrooms
25 g peeled and toasted hazelnuts or walnuts
Extra virgin olive oil
1. Chop the nuts and add them to a bowl. Add a splash of olive oil, a few drops of vinegar and soy sauce.
2. Chop the chives and add to the dressing.
3. Cut the tofu into small pieces and arrange on a plate. Dress with the nut vinaigrette and leave to marinate for thirty minutes.
4. Place the half aubergine, cut lengthwise, in a container suitable for microwave cooking. Add two tablespoons of water, cover, and cook for three to four minutes at maximum power.
5. Remove from the microwave and separate the pulp from the skin of the aubergine with a spoon and cut it into large pieces.
6. Wash and chop the mushrooms (if necessary). Sauté in a non-stick frying pan with a few drops of olive oil over medium heat. Add a pinch of pepper and set aside.
7. Brown the aubergine over high heat in the same frying pan with a few drops of olive oil.
8. Place the aubergine and mushrooms in a tall container, season with a few drops of soya, a drizzle of olive oil and water. Blend until obtaining a smooth purée. If necessary, add more liquid to make it smoother.
9. Blend the marinated tofu, adding a spoonful of the aubergine purée and a bit of water, until obtaining a homogeneous puree. If necessary, add more liquid until the desired texture is achieved. Sieve if you notice any lumps.
10. Serve the aubergine and mushroom purée on a plate. Add small portions of the tofu purée on top simulating cubes.
In case of dysphagia, it is recommended to always strain the purees to make them homogenous and lump-free, and to ensure that they all have the same texture.