This recipe is especially recommended when, in addition to the side effects or selected symptoms, the texture of the food needs to be adapted due to mucositis, esophagitis or pain or difficulty swallowing.
Microwaved vegetables with nuts (texture modified diet)
Ingredients (serves 1)
1 medium potato
A handful of green beans
A handful of peas
1 tbsp of roasted nuts
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt (skip in case of hypertension or fluid retention)
1. Peel and cut the potato into eighths.
2. Wash and cut the courgette into finger-thick sized pieces.
3. Wash and cut the green beans in smaller pieces.
4. Place the vegetables into a microwaveable con-tainer, season with salt and add a tablespoon of water on top.
5. Cover and cook in the microwave for five minutes at maximum power.
6. Take the vegetables out of the container and re-serve.
7. Add the peas to the container. Add another table-spoon of water and cook for three to four minutes.
8. Blend the peas with some of the potato, a dash of water and a few drops of olive oil to the desired texture. Blend the rest of the vegetables with the nuts, parsley, a drizzle of oil and a dash of water.
9. Serve both purées on a plate and season with extra virgin olive oil.
In the case of dysphagia, make sure that both purées have the same texture. If not, mix well together before eating.