This recipe is especially recommended when, in addition to the side effects or selected symptoms, the texture of the food needs to be adapted due to mucositis, esophagitis or pain or difficulty swallowing.
Green salad with beans and black olive dressing (Texture modified diet)
Ingredients (serves 2)
100 g green leaves (lettuce, arugula...)
80 g cooked white beans
2 red tomatoes
½ spring onion
8 canned asparagus
Black olive paste
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt (skip in case of hypertension or fluid retention)
1. Wash the lettuce. Peel the spring onion and cut it in-to thin slices.
2. Wash and cut the courgette into small pieces.
3. Arrange the vegetables in a tall container along with the drained asparagus, celery leaves and cooked beans (previously washed and drained).
4. Add a few drops of water and season with salt, extra virgin olive oil, and a few drops of lemon or vinegar.
5. Blend until obtaining a smooth purée. Strain if necessary.
6. Grate the tomatoes and season with salt, pepper, olive oil, and oregano.
7. In a bowl, mix lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, and a tablespoon of black olive paste with a pinch of pepper and set aside.
8. Serve the blended salad in a bowl, arrange small scoops of the grated tomato purée on top and finish with the black olive paste vinaigrette.
In case of dysphagia, it is recommended to always sieve the purées to obtain a homogeneous texture without fibres or lumps. It is also recommended to strain the grated tomato and incorporate the vinaigrette into the purée.